Sunday, September 14, 2008

Looking for the ark!

My goodness, didn't it rain? We awoke a little after 5 a.m. to pounding, torrential rain, the likes of which I haven't seen but one time before. When I was about 8 years old, it rained until the street in front of our house looked like a small river.

Though the rain was over the curb and our front sidewalk, we decided to get the Expedition out and do our best to make it to Sunday School. We managed to navigate the small lakes fairly well, but we saw a number of stranded vehicles. Wouldn't you think people would be smart enough not to attempt to cross water that's deeper than the hubs on their wheels?

A couple guys from church left to go get some milk for one of the classes. They said they saw a small car stranded, and the water was up to the door windshield. When they passed, the water actually went over the roof!

I'm telling you, I was looking left, right and over my shoulder for the ark. Looking for the animals marching two by two as they loaded onto Noah's floating zoo!

No comments: