Saturday, August 2, 2008

One-eyed,one-horned,flying, purple people eater!


I took a huge leap today. I had bought new glasses (2 pair, in fact) in November of last year. I went in three times to have each pair adjusted, because the no-line bifocal wasn't set correctly. After trying for months to wear them, I gave up. Today I went to see if I could wear contacts. They fitted me with a monolens, which means I wear a contact (for reading) in my left eye, and nothing in the right eye. It's not uncomfortable at all, which was a huge surprise to me, but my vision for distance isn't right. They told me it would take a lot of adjusting on my part, but I don't know if my right eye is up for the task. Reading is fine. Seeing my music at the piano is fine. The computer screen is a little blurred, and my peripheral vision at a distance is scarey. I feel a bit "off" somehow. Kind of like that one-eyed, one-horned, flying, purple people eater they wrote a song about more years ago than I care to remember!

No comments: