Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Can See Clearly Now . . .

For several weeks now, I've fully intended to find time to take all my screens down and wash them. The job involved also washing the inside and outside of all the windows. Fortunately, when we built the house, Don was interested in making it cost efficient, so he didn't have a lot of windows put in. Usually, I crab about that, because I love the light. Today, however, I was thankful. It was about 90 degrees outside, and I overheat easily. He and I persevered and got the job done. I didn't realize how dirty the windows were until I sat down in the livingroom to rest after the job was done. It looked so bright outside (and it's actually cloudy and overcast, because it's getting ready to rain).

I wonder if that isn't how my life is sometimes. I don't realize how "cluttered" I've allowed my life to become or how "grimy" my outlook is. Then I'll have a good time in the Word, watch an uplifting show on TV or hear a good sermon, and it squirts a little Windex on the windows of my soul. Everything looks bright and sunny again. Unless we're taking daily account of our lives, we often don't realize how far we've slipped from where we need to be.

Since I'm not a very deep person intellectually, God uses simple things to teach me. I love that. I learned something today from His little object lesson. I'm going to try to keep the Windex and rag ready in case my soul starts getting a bit smudged. Happy day!

No comments: