Saturday, November 15, 2008

I'm Proud to be an American

My patriotism is a near spiritual experience for me. I love my country. I revere and honor the men who have given their lives for our freedom; I respect the men and women who are now serving. I am not too shy to approach service men and women in public places and thank them for their service to our country. I don't pretend to be well-versed or overly bright about our American history (or anything else, for that matter), but I've read the books of Peter Marshall and others that cause me to think our forefathers were men who acknowledged God and were intent upon keeping His precepts and laws as they knew them to be. If you don't agree with me, please don't expect me to discuss the matter rationally. I'm almost as passionate about my country as I am about my God and my family. Do I think we've made perfect decisions? Hardly. Do I think we live in a eutopia? Not in the least. Am I thankful I'm an American? You betcha!

A friend sent me the following link. It's a children's and high school choir along with the school orchestra. I was touched. If we could get our kids and young people as passionate about allegiance to their God and country as they need to be, we'd avoid a lot of problems that loom in our future -- no matter who is President!

Please take time to listen and thank God you're an American. Not everyone has our freedom or prosperity, even though we're experiencing hard times. We have not yet resisted unto blood. http://www.greatdanepromilitary.com:80/Battle%20Hymn/index.htm

No comments: