Monday, December 8, 2008

You Gotta Laugh!

If I've learned anything at all this past year while dealing with hubby's illness, it's this: sometimes you've just gotta laugh! The progression of Don's disease has caused him to be extremely weak in his legs. Sometimes he can barely bear the weight of his own body, and certainly no added weight. This morning, I was in the bathroom fixing my hair, and Don was taking a shower. He finished and was drying off a bit in the tub before stepping out. I heard a loud kerplunk, and looked up to see he had slipped and fallen. When he landed, though, he landed cross-wise instead of length-wise, and was folded in half with one leg up over the side of the tub and his little tushie fully exposed. Once I had confirmed that he wasn't hurt, I started trying to help him out, but he was rather wedged in. We both started laughing. He commented, "Wouldn't it be awful to have to call 911 to come help when you're stuck like this with your hiney all up in the air?" The laughter rolled. It's true. A merry heart doeth good like a medicine!

No comments: