At this stage in life, I'm learning that some of the most precious things are the little daily things that we take for granted. So, in light of niece's "Thankful Thursdays", I'm offering my two cents' worth.
1. I'm thankful I can walk without aid. Hubby is now past that point.
2. I'm thankful I can run (albeit it, slowly and carefully), jump (in moderation), and dance (if I choose). Hubby often mentions how he misses running now that he can't do it.
3. I'm thankful I can speak above a hoarse whisper, sing and even yell if I have a need to. Hubby's paralyzed vocal chord keeps him from doing any of the above.
4. I'm thankful that I can see clearly out of both eyes, although I do wear a contact lens. Hubby now has a damaged cornea and has very blurry vision out of his left eye.
5. I'm thankful that I've spent 42 years with the best man that could have ever come into my life. He truly fulfills me.
6. I'm thankful for laughter. We've learned that, even on difficult days, there are little nuggets of glee.
My list could honestly go on and on, but I think you get the drift. I wrote down a little quip a while back that says, "Take your focus off what you're going through and put it on what you're headed to!" I think that's good advice.