Thursday, February 25, 2010

Getting on a Schedule

We're almost a week into Don's treatments, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how well things have been going. He's learned the process well, so he reminds me if I'm about to forget a step. That's very helpful. My biggest problem has been time management. I have to get it in my head exactly how much time it takes to give a treatment - start to finish. My "getting up" time has to allow for the treatment, and then give me time to shower and prepare for my day (Sunday was a real kicker).

On top of what Don's going through with the ALS, he had to have a tooth extracted on Tuesday. I was afraid that might be a big deal, in light of the treatment he's getting. Not to be. He did beautifully. The first night, he complained of some discomfort, but it's all been a breeze since then.

Have I mentioned on here within the last 24 hours that I love my husband? He's such a super guy. Honestly, I think we make a good team - one of the best!

No comments: