Friday, December 11, 2009

I've Gotta New Attitude!

As a usual thing, I dread the holidays. It's a change from my routine, and I don't deal well with change. I'm usually more busy than I should be (have a hard time saying "no"), and get myself in a tizzy.

This year, however, I seem to be dealing with things better. I'm already more busy than I need to be, but I'm taking it in stride. Things can only frustrate me if I allow it - right?

In the wee hours of the morning, Don's 94-year-old mama fell out of bed and broke her femur. She's undergoing surgery right now to put in a rod and pin. Now THAT'S having a heavy situation to deal with! She's complaining about having the surgery, but she's dealing beautifully with the pain issues (they have her on morphine now, but she wasn't doing much complaining even before the morphine). She knows what difficult times are, and I'm sure she's seen worse than what she's going through now.

It's all in the attitude. Some days, mine stinks! But controlling my fears and anxieties is something I'm growing into - a day at a time. The holidays hold no terror. I'm free to laugh, love and enjoy! Join me!

No comments: