Wow! This year has brought all kinds of changes to my life - some good, some not so good. I will be 62 years old tomorrow, and I think I may be FINALLY learning some things that I should have learned many years ago.
1. Don't sweat the small stuff. I'm learning to not place undue importance on things that don't really matter.
2. Cherish family and friends. We've had to lean heavily on some of our friends and family this year, and no one has bowed beneath the weight we've put on them. Thanks, guys and gals!
3. Realize that dwelling on unpleasant things doesn't help my state of mind. I can't help what others say, think or do - even if it affects me in a personal and hurtful way. I'm only responsible for myself. I CAN control what I choose to think about.
4. God has been very gracious to me. Don and I married when I was 18, very naive, and very immature in lots of ways. God gave me a wonderful man who would stand by me and support me despite my flaws (and,I will add - for those of you who think Don is perfect - that goes both ways!), and we've built a beautiful life together.
5. Look around and see all the things I have to be thankful for. We've had some difficult times, but not as difficult as some others have had. No matter the trial, God has provided the needed strength.
It's been a good year. I'm gearing up for a wonderful forever!