Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What a Difference a Day Makes!

Today was a very positive day for Mom. When we went in this morning, she had learned how to deal with her vent much better and wasn't fighting it as much. By late afternoon, they had removed both the heart pump (through the sheath in the groin where they had done the angioplasty) and her vent. She's hoarse, but croaking 90 miles a minute! She said she has a lot of catching up to do! They were going to come in at 9 and sit her up (in the bed, we think), but they hadn't done that yet when we left at 9 p.m. The change is unbelievable, though. I'm expecting them to move her into a regular room tomorrow, if she does well through the night, and possibly home by the weekend. The doctor hasn't said that, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. Isn't God good? I'll try to give you updates as they occur, but today was certainly a mile-marker. Her wonderful sense of humor has returned in full force. She's keeping us all entertained!

1 comment:

Blessed Mama said...

I am THRILLED that she is doing so well. Hopefully I can come back tonight. I'll call someone before I come to make sure she hasn't been moved.