Sunday, August 30, 2009

Thanks for the Memories!

Don and I were privileged to go back to Bethel in East Alton this morning. They had asked the High Road Pickers to come entertain at Old Friends' Day, which began with a yummy (Sue Carter style) breakfast at 9 and an outdoor service at 10:30. The service began with Tisha leading a worship song, which caused my mind to go back. Several of the young people that various churches are now reaping the talents of have roots in my little group of kids in Children's Church at Bethel Pentecostal Church in East Alton. Some are active in music ministry, several in children's ministry, teaching and encouraging. I will admit to feeling a bit of parental pride when I hear of their accomplishments. We had an awesome kids' choir back then. Twenty-five to thirty-five voices strong, with three part harmony. Amazing! I worked hard at planting the Word in their hearts and hope I helped them find the joy of sharing that Word, either through story-telling or singing.

A little walk down memory lane. Makes me very thankful for all the wonderful friends and family God has placed along that path.

1 comment:

Blessed Mama said...

Sounds like a great time! I know I've told you this before, but I remember learning several Bible verses that you put to music. And I remember character sketches and Train Tracks and the big "quiet seat" box. Even though I don't consider myself among the musicians, music is still central to the way I learn and worship. I appreciate the time and effort you put into teaching us all those years. It was and is so valuable!